INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR VIDEO EDITOR
Hour Media Group is looking for an experienced video editor to join the team on a freelance/1-year maternity contract basis. Must have experienced short and long-form video editing.
The selected applicant will work primarily in commercial and corporate video, however, we are looking for an editor who is also keen to contribute to the company’s growing narrative.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Video Editing, Post-Production, Production Support.
- Establishing timelines for the post-production phase of productions (Editorial planning meetings, priorities, and timelines.
- Logging metadata and cataloging raw footage (Knowledge of Google suite).
- Data and file management(Storing locally on external hard drives and uploading backups to Dropbox).
- Creating string outs for dialogue transcripts.
- Ability to create linear and non-linear timelines.
- Working with existing scripts and brand assets to create internal and external corporate videos, long-form conference videos, social media content for Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, and Tiktok in different aspect ratios, sizzle reels, and occasional wedding videos.
- Selecting and prioritizing shots, making edits, selecting and inputting music, lower thirds, and title graphics, colour correcting and grading, while adding effects to inject emotion and maintain pace.
- Ability to work on various projects simultaneously during their different stages of approval.
- Support the team in conceptualizing projects, storyboarding, and script writing.
- Provide technical assistance when needed during production, including conducting BTS camera operation, lighting setup, and on-the-ground logistics.
We are looking for:
- Minimum post-secondary education in a related field, with 3 to 5 years experience in video editing and post-production.
- Digital content production or management experience, producing informational and visual content.
- Computer Skills: Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, Audition, Adobe Creative Suite software, Google Suite. FCPX a plus!
- Comprehensive understanding of the video production pipeline (Strong capacities in timing, storytelling, and keeping a digital log).
Must be familiar with RED, Komono, and Black Magic cameras.
A big part of our post-production process is creating and storing stock footage. This entails organizing, exporting, and uploading various footage to various sites. Keeping a tracking sheet of footage and uploads is a priority.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, and collaborate in a fast-paced environment with occasional tight deadlines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills, with a balance of confidence, accountability, maturity, professionalism, and high energy.
- You will be working primarily out of our downtown location with some flexibility for WFH.
About Hour Media Group
Hour Media Group was established in 2015 with high quality, professional and effective digital communications at the forefront of everything we do. We’re committed to telling our customer’s story while delivering effective messaging to their key stakeholders. We’re experts in translating traditional communications strategies into effective, contemporary, and professional digital execution.
Based out of Toronto, Canada, our entirely in-house design, production, and management operations result in a fully immersive experience for the customer. Spanning digital strategy, web design, corporate branding, education and training, strategic communications, digital reputation management, and video content, Hour Media expertly delivers everything brands need to succeed in the digital world.
At Hour Media, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.